Call Centre operating hours are temporarily changing due to COVID-19.
Please click here to call through to the number provided for further updates on open times. Online Claims are available 24/7.

What’s included in Comprehensive Car Insurance cover?

Peace of mind when you need it the most

  • images
    Loss or damage to your vehicle
    Cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle due to collision or crash, malicious acts, theft, attempted theft, fire, storm, hail and floods.
  • images
    New-for-old replacement
    Car replacement if your brand new car is written off within two years or 40,000km of the original registration (whichever comes first).
  • images
    Damage to other people's property
    Up to $20 million of legal liability cover for the accidental damage your car causes to other people's vehicles and other property.
  • images
    Hire car
    If we accept your claim for a no fault accident or theft of your car, we will provide you with a hire car.
  • images
    Reasonable costs of recovery, towing and storage if your car's stolen or unsafe to drive following an accident.
  • images
    Personal items
    Up to $500 for personal items damaged in a collision or stolen from your car.

Limits, terms and conditions apply. See PDS for full details.


Get a Quote Online
Compare Car Insurance Policies


Catch has teamed up with Australian insurer Auto & General, who protects the assets of more than 1,000,000 Australians.


Auto & General bring their claims management expertise to ensure Catch Insurance is there when you need us most.

Optional extras

Customise your Comprehensive Car Insurance by adding one or more of these optional extras to your policy:

  • images
    Accident Hire
    Enjoy the convenience of a hire car for up to 14 days while your car is being repaired, If it is damaged in an at fault accident.
  • images
    Reduced Window Glass
    Reduce your excess for damage to your vehicle's windscreen and window glass to just $40.
  • images
    Choice of
    If you have a claim with us, you can nominate your preferred repairer.


Limits, terms and conditions apply. See PDS for full details.


Call now and get a quote over the phone

1800 036 608

Our customer service hours are Monday - Friday 8am-10:30pm AEST, Saturday 8am-5pm AEST


Do I need to pay an excess if the accident was not my fault?

No – as long as:

  1. . We decide the driver of the other vehicle was entirely at fault, and
  2. You provide us with, or we obtain, the at fault driver’s details (full name, address, and vehicle registration).
I use my car for business - can I get cover?

Yes – as long as:

You select ‘business use’ when buying your policy; and

It is not used for any of the following:

    1. carrying passengers or other people’s goods for payment
    2. driving tuition for payment
    3. hiring the car to other people.
How do I view my policy details?

When you sign up to a policy, the Certificate of Insurance, Policy Documents and Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) is sent to you via email. If you require a copy, please contact our customer service team.

Are learner drivers covered by my car insurance policy?

You must list any household members (including learner, provisional and occasional drivers) who may drive the car. Unlisted household members won’t be covered.

Any non-household members who drive the car are automatically covered. If you list them on your policy, you’ll avoid having to pay the unlisted driver excess (other excesses may apply).

Is my car covered when someone else drives it?

People who are covered when driving your car are categorised as either:

  1. Regular Driver: The person who drives the car the most and is listed as the regular driver on your policy.
  2. Listed Drivers: People who also drive your car, but less often than the regular driver. They are listed as drivers on your policy.
  3. Unlisted Drivers: People who might drive your car, but aren’t noted as drivers on your policy. There is an additional unlisted driver excess in the event of a claim if you decide not to list a driver. Note that in some circumstances unlisted drivers won’t be covered, e.g. if they are a household member.
How can my Insurer assist me if I am experiencing vulnerability?

Our insurance partner, Auto & General may be able to assist you.

  • If you are experiencing domestic or family violence and wish to seek assistance with respect to your policy from the Insurer, please click here for the Insurer’s Family Violence Policy.
  • If you wish to speak to a consultant about your situation, please call 1800 724 678. Please note our consultants may be able to make any changes required to your policy information and provide you with useful information which may assist you with your situation.
  • Your Insurer may also provide you access to several professional organisations who offer support beyond insurance. Please click here for more information.

Get insured & get up to $90


When you sign up to Catch Third Party Property Insurance, you can receive up to $90 CatchBack* to spend at

With over 2,000,000 deals, there’s something for everyone.

Checkout Catch

Add Emergency Roadside Assistance for just

$ 1.60 /week

for peace of mind

Annual fee $79.95

Avoid the stress of roadside dramas and get back on the road.

Find Out More 


See what our customers have to say: