Call Centre operating hours are temporarily changing due to COVID-19.
Please click here to call through to the number provided for further updates on open times. Online Claims are available 24/7.

What’s included in Third Party Property Only Insurance cover?

On a tight budget or your car’s not worth much? You might still need cover.

  • images
    Damage To Other People's Property
    Up to $20 million of legal liability cover for the accidental damage your car causes to other people's vehicles and other property.
  • images
    Protection From Uninsured Drivers
    If your car is damaged by an uninsured vehicle and it's not your fault, we cover up to $5,000 (including recovery, towing and storage costs).

Limits, terms and conditions apply. See PDS for full details.


Get A Quote Online
Compare Car Insurance Policies

Call now and get a quote over the phone

1800 036 608

Our customer service hours are Monday - Friday 8am-10:30pm AEST, Saturday 8am-5pm AEST


Catch has teamed up with Australian insurer Auto & General, who protects the assets of more than 1,000,000 Australians.


Auto & General bring their claims management expertise to ensure Catch Insurance is there when you need us most.


How does Third Party Property, Fire & Theft Insurance differ to Third Party Property Only Insurance?

Third Party Property Only Insurance covers you for the damage your vehicle causes to another person’s property (e.g. their car or home). It does not cover damage to your vehicle, unless it’s damaged in a no-fault accident with an uninsured driver, in which case you have limited cover.

Third Party Property, Fire & Theft Insurance provides the same coverage as Third Party Property Only Insurance. In addition, your vehicle is covered for loss or damage if it is stolen or catches fire.

Why choose Third Party Property Only Insurance if it does not cover my car in the case of a collision?

Third Party Property Only cover may be sufficient if your car has a low market value. You may decide that it isn’t worth paying a higher premium for Comprehensive Car Insurance as, over time, it could outweigh the cost of replacing your vehicle if it was damaged in an accident.

While Third Party Property Only Insurance does not cover damage to your car, it does cover your liability for the damage your car causes to another person’s property, including their potentially expensive repair bills

Note that Catch Third Party Only Insurance does provide limited cover – up to $5,000 (including recovery, towing and storage costs), – for damage caused to your vehicle by an at fault uninsured driver.

Are learner drivers covered by my car insurance policy?

You must list any household members (including learner, provisional and occasional drivers) who may drive the car. Unlisted household members won’t be covered.

Any non-household members who drive the car are automatically covered. If you list them on your policy, you’ll avoid having to pay the unlisted driver excess (other excesses may apply).

Is my car covered when someone else drives it?

People who are covered when driving your car are categorised as either:

  1. Regular Driver: The person who drives the car the most and is listed as the regular driver on your policy.
  2. Listed Drivers: People who also drive your car, but less often than the regular driver. They are listed as drivers on your policy.
  3. Unlisted Drivers: People who might drive your car, but aren’t noted as drivers on your policy. There is an additional unlisted driver excess in the event of a claim if you decide not to list a driver. Note that in some circumstances unlisted drivers won’t be covered, e.g. if they are a household member.
How can my Insurer assist me if I am experiencing vulnerability?

Our insurance partner, Auto & General may be able to assist you.

  • If you are experiencing domestic or family violence and wish to seek assistance with respect to your policy from the Insurer, please click here for the Insurer’s Family Violence Policy.
  • If you wish to speak to a consultant about your situation, please call 1800 724 678. Please note our consultants may be able to make any changes required to your policy information and provide you with useful information which may assist you with your situation.
  • Your Insurer may also provide you access to several professional organisations who offer support beyond insurance. Please click here for more information.

Get insured & get up to $50


When you sign up to Catch Third Party Property Insurance, you can receive up to $50 CatchBack* to spend at

With over 2,000,000 deals, there’s something for everyone.

Checkout Catch

Add Emergency Roadside Assistance for just

$ 1.60 /week

for peace of mind

Annual fee $79.95

Avoid the stress of roadside dramas and get back on the road.

Find Out More 


See what our customers have to say: